I am reading SAP Long Text using FM READ_TEXT but the return from that function module have special character combination such as : ‘&’ ‘<‘ ‘>’.
For Example :
Me & You , but i get Me <(> & <)> You.
How to fix this problem ?.
First before we tell you how to fix this problem, i will try to explain what is cause this problem, the FM READ_TEXT return text in ITF ( Interchange Text Format ) you need to explain into plain text, to fix this problem you need to run FM CONVERT_ITF_TO_ASCII.
CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_ITF_TO_ASCII'
codepage = '0000'
formatwidth = 128
language = sy-langu
tabletype = 'ASC'
c_datatab = lt_text
itf_lines = td_line
invalid_tabletype = 1
OTHERS = 2.
Incoming search terms:
- abap characters 2 and 3
- ho9w do I add more characters to long text in sap
- sap ascii control characters bw
- itf special characters
- sap long text
- especial characters substitude ABAP function
- how to fix special characters coming in data in SAP
- when converting text to pdf special character appearing in sap
- FM READ_TEXT IN SAP GIVING SPECIAL CHARACTERS
- can special characters be used for data type text sap