I am reading SAP Long Text using FM READ_TEXT but the return from that function module have special character combination such as : ‘&’ ‘<‘ ‘>’.
For Example :
Me & You , but i get Me <(> & <)> You.
How to fix this problem ?.
First before we tell you how to fix this problem, i will try to explain what is cause this problem, the FM READ_TEXT return text in ITF ( Interchange Text Format ) you need to explain into plain text, to fix this problem you need to run FM CONVERT_ITF_TO_ASCII.
CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_ITF_TO_ASCII'
codepage = '0000'
formatwidth = 128
language = sy-langu
tabletype = 'ASC'
c_datatab = lt_text
itf_lines = td_line
invalid_tabletype = 1
OTHERS = 2.
Incoming search terms:
- read accent character abap
- sap special characters list
- abap characters 2 and 3
- sap bw invalid character class
- abap function module to read special chacherts in text
- ho9w do I add more characters to long text in sap
- ABAP ASCII TO ##
- https://www saptutorial org/eliminated-special-character-sap-long-text/
- itf special characters
- especial characters substitude ABAP function