There are many situations when your business want to restrict the goods movements of material. such as a material is due to replaced or discontinued. So you need to restrict materials from being processed via goods issue, goods receipt and transfer posting at particular plant.
To block material being processed you need to change a field in the material master record via MM02 transaction code. enter your material that you want to blocked and select PURCHASING view.
You will see field Plant-sp.matl Status, normally this field must be blank, but if you need to restrict this material from inventory posting you need to entered 01 ( Blocked for procment ) as value.
After you save you changed, and when you try to perform a goods movement for the material at particular plant, the SAP System will return error message such as following picture.
Incoming search terms:
- materila blocked for posting in sap
- SAP Message L9019 - Material & is currently blocked
- How in SAP blocking mateial
- restrict material movement in sap
- how to transfer goods revieing to block in sap
- how to take out material from Physicla invenotry block in SAP?
- how to restrict issue po by material
- how to material to block in sap
- how to lock inventory in SAP for a plant
- what does a inventory posting block do in sap